Friday, April 23, 2010

Varnishing Your Polymer Clay Beads and Pendants




After taking a year off I've once again picked up my clay and am back at the drawing board. This pendant was created with white Sculpey clay. I then stamped it with a rubber stamp, baked it and added paint to enhance the stamped surface. My past experience with varnishing my clay pendants did not turn out so well. I have tried many different types of varnishes from store bought clay varnishes to clear finger nail polish (which does NOT work). My varnishes always left my pieces sticky. I found an excellent link on how to varnish your polymer clay beads and pendants JaedWorks. For this pendant I want a natural matte organic finish with no gloss. I am going to try some of the suggestions by Jaedworks and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...