Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Polymer Clay Bead Designs





This past week I've been concentrating on working with my clay trying to churn out some unique pieces to add to my jewelry designs. Here's a couple of pieces that I've come up with so far. The owl bead was hand formed and sculpted. I used a pc tool and an old pen that no longer writes to add the intricate carvings for the face and body. The pendant was formed by cutting a circle shape with my clay cutter. Then I stamped it with one of my fav rubber stamps. After baking I used acrylic paint to add highlighs and lowlights. The bird pendant was varnished with Sculpey Glaze. I don't think I'm going to varnish the owl. I like the earthiness of the matte finish on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...