Saturday, January 30, 2010

Remnant Fabric Collage Hearts



I like to work with fabric equally as well as with paper when I am designing my collages. This little heart is a combination of the two. I've used muslin, batting and various fabrics to create the heart shape itself. I then stuffed it with tiny treasures of found papers, shells, beads, etc. and machine stitched it in a quilted design. I like to call them remnants as it is a great way to use up little scrap pieces of fabric and ephemera that I'm sure all of us artists and crafters have lying around all over the place:)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I am always looking for ways to use up those pieces that are too small for anything...and two of my favorite mediums are fabric and beads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...